Friday, December 4, 2009

"How do I love thee, let me count the ways"





Today is Jedediah's birthday. He is 23 years young today!

1. He married me. The best present ever.
and im still trying to figure out why.
2. He makes me laugh.
and so does everything else- you may be wondering. But he makes me laugh when crying seems like the best solution.
3. He lets me cry.
thats always a good thing.
4. He is super smart.
I love listening to him talk about stuff I have no idea anything about.
5. He Loves kids.
maybe not as much as I do :) but he's gonna be a great daddy
6. He works hard.
I have never seen someone who studies like he does.
I always get compliments from those he tutors saying, "Hey- you're married to Jed Alvey? He pretty much gave me the A in my math class." Then I get butterflies.
7. He laughs at my jokes.
they're really lame, and he still does.
8. He does the right thing.
9. Loves his calling.
I know that it is super important to him, even though he's gone a lot.
10. He rubs my feet.
Enough said.
11. He lets me ask "stupid" questions.
12. He uses Excel.
and I think its hot.
13. He's very clean.
he does the dishes. everyday.
14. He doesn't mind when I get lost.
he always seems to know right what I did wrong, and  how to fix it.
15. He likes the crafts I make.
they're lame- so its nice that he likes them at least.
16. He never complains about supper.
NEVER.
17. He lets me take my time to get ready.
18. He's a GREAT kisser.
19. He charges my phone.
20. He lets me pick my favorite pillows.
21. He opens my car door.
and he helps me into the seat at restaurants. LOVE IT.
22. He watches the movies I want to watch.
really. he likes them too.
23. He is my best friend. Really.
Forever sounds perfect.

Happy Birthday Jedediah. The first of infinity birthdays to come.

Lets both by "y".









 





XLIII. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
 

No comments: