Thursday, December 2, 2010

Update! :)

I wish after the previous post (not that you read it) that I could reward you with pictures, but I want to wait until I have our Christmas tree decorated and take some pics with Parker and the tree (cant wait!)

We got back from Montana visiting Jed's sister and her family, as well as some other members of Jed's family. If you have heard anything about Utah weather at all lately, you know that we have been bombarded with terrible weather. I don't want to go into all the details, because just thinking about it makes me sick. The roads were terrible, we had some technical difficulties with our car, and hit a deer. The car trip was a lot of fun, minus the afore mentioned awfulness.

The break from school and visit was festive, yummy, and cozy. Aside from the yummy, yummy Thanksgiving dinner- one of my favorite parts of the visit were going and chopping down our Christmas tree. (Like I said before I will post some pictures soon.) For  $5 we got to go up in the mountains and literally cut down our own tree. It was great! Coming from small farm town America, I loved it! We have done this 2 years now, and I hope to continue doing something like this as often as we can.

We are looking forward to celebrating Christmas in our own home. I love the thought of cuddling up with Parker and Jed, reading stories, sipping hot cocoa, and teaching Parker about our Savior.  Depending on how Parker is and whether I feel up to it, we do have some parties that we've been invited to, but I really would like to just stay home and start making my own family traditions. I like being able to wake up in the morning and decide what I want to do. Especially during a school break.

As for Parker he currently has a small cold, so he was fussy today. It's hard for me to say that he was fussy because he really only cried for a few minutes before I got the snot from his nostrils (eww!) so he wasn't really fussy- just trying to tell me that he couldn't breathe. He has continued to be a great baby, and hopefully soon (!!!) he will be back to sleeping through the night. He got up once last night, and even though a few months ago he was getting up several times a night- today I feel like I haven't slept in years!! He is super active and Jed swears that he rolled over yesterday. Today when I was playing with him, he was SOO close to doing it, so I hope to post a video of when he finally gets it (for momma.)
Jed is in school mode as finals are 2 weeks away. He is home so much more often, which is sooo much better. I love having him around- and sometimes Jed is just what Parker needs. He is such a great dad and I'm so proud of his efforts to keep going to school, work, and be a great family man.
All of my difficult projects/finals are over, so I just have one project (Jed and I are doing together for our creativity class) that I might do a quick post about when we're done. I am trying to decide about taking classes next semester- I'm leaning towards no, but I haven't quite decided.

That's pretty much it for us Alvey's. Look forward to come cute pictures soon!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh no! You hit a deer?! Was it after you came to Rexburg? It was great seeing you! I love you guys!!

Katelyn said...

I can't believe your going to school right now. Bravo! But, keep at it, even if you do it a class at a time. It'll be worth it to have a degree. Promise. :)

Vermena Lee said...

Keep taking classes!!! Don't stop because if you do, you'll never want to start again. Get that college degree!!!