Monday, March 7, 2011

To truncate or not to truncate?

Well, I know that my blog doesn't get that many readers-- which is cool, until I have a cool blog showcasing some awesome talent I haven't found yet..... 


Anyways, do you prefer truncated blogs or not? Blogger lets the author insert a page break
and then on the main home page- only the first snipet is posted... it often follows with a link that says
"read more...." which is linked to the rest of the post. 

I really don't care that much about it- for me there are just about as many pro's and con's to do it on my blog, and similiarly I have been either annoyed/joyed that someone else did it on there blog.... and apparently it's kind of a big thing out there. 

So, what do you think? To truncate, or not to truncate?
Oh, blogger drama. How I love thee.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I say no, I don't like clicking on pages and then having to go back to continue reading other posts. It's nice to just have it all out there.

Sarah Porter said...

I would give you advice...but I still don't think I know what truncating is, haha, so lame!

Gramma & Grampa said...

to not truncate ... I agree with Mindy. Hope you are having fun with your fam!