Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation 2011

We had the GREAT fortune of getting to VACA again this summer! It was an amazing trip {nearly COAST to COAST} and it was totally worth it. Here are our pictures: 
 
 Before we left- at the airport
 first FAMILY flight. Parker's 3rd

 At OMA's. and OUT- in ILLINOIS
 Jed helping Grandma
 Uncle Grant with Parker
 Oma giving Parker a bath!
 Cousin Ryan with Parker- going to the park
 Shelling the shrimp (Ashley, Me, Amol, and Jeremy)

 Lauren and the kiddos
 Jared, Parker, and Callie
 Dad and Parker
 Oma and Parker (GREAT picture!)
 I just love how Parker is sitting!
 Parker is in the coffee table at the Wheeler's!
 VIRGINIA

 COUSINsss


 washing the car

 pool fun!

 the Atlantic


 converts from Jed's mission: the Wackerly's (LOVE them!)
 the Botanical Garden

 the ocean again..
 Ryan playing with Parker
 Another convert family: the Baum's (sweet family!)

 Aunt Day and Parker


 SISTERS
 waiting in a LONGGGGG line at the airport
on our way home.... 


We had an amazing time. Seriously. From the get go when I searched FOREVER for airline tickets-- I was getting excited. I don't think it was until we were on the airplane that I realized how STOKED I was. We headed to Illinois first to help with preparations for my Uncle Jared's sealing in the Chicago temple.
The week was full of busy preparations, walks through my hometown, yummy food courtesy of Jared, and good ole' fashioned quality family time. We got to see so much family and friends and make so many special memories. My grandmother so lovingly opened her home to everyone and made us all feel at home, like usual. She really is one of my favorite people. 
Then we were headed to Virginia. This dual trip was different than we had planned- but with the right price and perfect timing, we just continued on to the coast. The weather was HOTTTT but we loved getting to stay with my sister. Her three kids (almost 4!!!) were soooo great with Parker. They played with him the Entire time, and taught him how to go UP stairs! yay! 
Getting to see the ocean, visiting Jed's mission area and converts, as well as the nearly daily trips to the pool made this trip amazing. But my favorite part of everything was getting to spend time with my sister and her family. When I found out they were moving to Virginia I thought it would be forever until we would get to see them. So when this trip unfolded- I was sooo extatic. Thanks Day for opening your home and your arms. Always.

4 comments:

Shenille said...

F.U.N! Glad you guys had such a good time!

Dalynne Denhof said...

I was hoping if I fed you good enough and you had enough fun, our time together wouldn't end. But like Jed said, if the bank account didn't matter so much, you wouldn't leave, and I totally get that Ü I'm SOOO glad you guys came too-and that we could enjoy Virginia and the hot weather together!-yah! It was wonderful seeing you guys as parents and getting to spend time together. I LOVE you and your sweet family - ♥always♥

Laney said...

What a fun time! I love that you share picts of yourself, not just your boys ;) I'm a big fan of Virginia. Maybe one day we'll make it to Illinois.

Gramma & Grampa said...

How exciting to be able to travel to see family, friends and Atlantic ocean! - maybe next trip you can visit your favorite family in Seattle and the almost Pacific ocean :o) - Glad everything went pretty smooth for the most part! Love you all!