Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 10: Something you're afraid of

Well the thing that I am most afraid of is-- 
Jed dying. But since I soooo don't want to even talk about that, this is something 
I am afraid of, but not on the same {level}. 

Actually, I am a huge baby, so there are tonzzz of things I am afraid of. But there is one
that shoots itself to the top of the list. 

What is it? 

B.U.G.S. 
I know, I know. No one likes them. 

But I am terrified. TERRIFIED of bugs. terrified people. 

2 Examples will illustrate this. 

Case study 1: Spider in the laundry room
Most of my childhood memories are from living in Rose Ghettos (meadows) with my mom and little sister. We were just three girls livin' it up. (not). 
Anyways, there was this slightly {huge} gap in the corner of the laundry room where two baseboards met. There would frequently be small little things around there, and luckily I didn't go into that room very often (I still call my mom to ask her what temperature to set the loads at. don't judge)

Okay, so one night my mom screamed like a little boy which really scared me. (She never screamed about stuff like that) anyways, my sister and I went in to the laundry room to find my mom hunched on the washer machine screaming about the very large spider in the corner.  As soon as she said that I LEAPED onto the machine with her and after seeing the spider, I .... wept bitterly cried.

Then my mom left and told us to figure it out, so my sister and I did what any civilized girl would do.  We got all the aerosol cans of whatever we had (bug spray, hair spray, Windex etc) and sprayed that spider until he shriveled up and died. And then I wept bitterly cried some more. 

Case study 2
Today. I was doing laundry, again. (okay, so there must be something about gross, icky clothes and bugs-- i really should give up laundry)
I was sorting the clothes and getting to the bottom of the basket, when a little spider crawled out of the sleeve of Jed's shirt. I screamed, ran out, slammed the door, and {literally} have not been back into my bedroom since. 
I don't know how I am going to finish the laundry now because I am NOT gonna see another spider. 

Terrified doesn't even describe my fear of bugs.  I saw a caterpillar once on my back porch and started going out the front door and walking all the way around the house to get to the backyard.

So now you know. Want to see me pee my panties?? Show me something small and harmless icky. 
{Or just make me laugh really, really hard}.


P.s. Remember when I said I was gonna do a Parker Post on Friday? Last Friday??
Well, one week late, but not short on pictures-- his update with be tomorrow. i promise. cuz hey, I won't be doing the laundry, right?

1 comment:

Dalynne Denhof said...

i'm surprised mom reacted like that...it must have been some big ugly spider. she's the one that kills bugs with her bare hands. i'm not terrified of bugs, but i can't bring myself to touch them with my bare hands-ewww!